Friday I did my first radio interview for the Book Blogger Collaborative. My thanks to the lovely Coral for being such a delightlful host and for putting up with my babbling about CONFESSIONS OF A SLIGHTLY NEUROTIC HITWOMAN, THE FIRST VICTIM, crystal balls, what it's like finding and working with an agent and why I haven't considered going indie.
The entire show can be found HERE. My bit starts seven or eight minutes in. (I'm fairly certain that I managed not to curse during the entire thing...quite the feat for me!)
So how does one prepare for a radio interview? Here's what I recommend:
1) Look in the mirror and say, "What the hell were you thinking?"
2) Feed the dogs.
3) Read the descriptions of your published books so that you have a general idea what you're supposedto be talking about.
4) Realize you remember very little about said books. Run back to the mirror and repeat, "What the hell were you thinking?!"
5) Walk dog. Cover screeching parrot. Make coffee because your heart isn't beating fast enough as it is.
6) Return to the mirror. You know the drill.
7) Forget to BREATHE during the interview.
Now you too can babble with the best of us!
Here's a KILLER QUESTION: Would you rather deliver a speech or be interviewed?
I'd pick speech because I like to have everything planned ahead.